Tuesday, February 2, 2016

About The Song: "Iowa Country Christmas"

About The Song...."Iowa Country Christmas" - the last of 4 new original songs on my Christmas album. This song has been a sleeper "hit" of sorts . The song originally came about because I had in mind a different cover for this slot on the album, but it turned out I couldn't use the song I wanted to. So I set out to create a Christmas song that had some of my favorite influences and story settings in it. Growing up in the upper Midwest and always having one foot in the rural small-town culture, and the other in a city environment; I always wanted to have a song that remembered the special times of a family Christmas.

I want to thank a few people in particular. Clark Bishop - for the great drum feel that nailed the vibe perfectly. Wayne Stewart- for the sweet Nashville/Floyd Cramer-esque piano. And Desi Martinez for the backing vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment