Thursday, August 20, 2020

Track-by-Track #4 These Streets Have Changed

 

Track-by-Track #4 These Streets Have Changed is the other brand-new song on this collection. This is the one I’ve gotten the most positive response from so far...and I nearly left it off the album…

This is one of my favorite songs on the album, and one of my favorites of my own of all the songs I’ve ever written. After all the of the unrest of this year, I started reflecting this summer on some of my memories of when I was younger. I remember when I was very little, my brother and I would walk to school by ourselves. It was about a 6-block walk to school; and we thought nothing of it at all. But things have changed over the years, we are so distrustful of everyone and everything – seems like we have a lot of neighbors out there but not a lot of friends. And every day we continue to wonder where we went wrong.

“These streets have changed, from now and then. We used to be neighbors, now we’re not even friends.”


No comments:

Post a Comment