Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mona Lisa Lost Her Smile - David Allan Coe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxxfEMlBhv8

This is a song from my childhood (I grew up on a lot of 70's and 80s country music when I was young) that I've recently rediscovered. I've been listening to it lately, as it seems to hit home especially hard for me due to the events of this summer (see post "Journal Entry 10/10/09").

So I've been letting this song soak in to me to a lot. I've even been playing on my recent solo gigs.

MONA LISA LOST HER SMILE - David Allan Coe
(Written by : J. Cunningham)

Chorus:
Mona Lisa lost her smile
The painter's hands are trembling now
And if she's out there running wild
It's just because I taught her how
The masterpiece that we had planned
Is laying shattered on the ground
Mona Lisa lost her smile
And the painter's hands are trembling now

Verse I:
And the eyes that used to burn for me
Now they no longer look my way
And the love that used to be
Why, it just got lost in yesterday
And if she seems cold to the touch
Well there used to burn a flame
I gave too little, took too much
Till I erased the painter's name

Chorus

4 comments:

  1. I love this post.. You just gave me a whole bunch of new ideas. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this is why i just love the internet...it gives us free valuable information..and when i see posts like this ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog provides a fresh look at the subject. Great job mate!

    ReplyDelete